Friday, May 28, 2010

Kuhlman in New Motion Picture Technology

First.
I was googlin' about for a good page of Roy Kuhlmans to link to, and I stumbled on Gwarizm, a very excellent blog that features this page of Kuhlman-ing. He's interested mostly in the Beckett covers, and he features a lot of great covers that are hard to find around the web. I own a few of them, covet the rest. A few I've never seen--and I've seen lots of Kuhlmans.

Second.
He mentions Obscene, the documentary about Barney Rosset. It's a film I've wanted to see anyway: Of course, it's about the owner of Grove Press which, in my world, is the publishing company. Even if it wasn't for my lubsession with Mr. Kuhlman's covers and all things Evergreen, I mean, we're talking about the man who fought to publish Lady Chatterly and Tropic of Cancer. As a Person Who Doesn't Read All That Often, I love reading Henry Miller. A champion of perfect book design and raunchy modern literature? A man after my heart!

But now, I have to see this film. He features screen captures from a segment in the film where Alex Meillier animates Roy Kuhlman's covers. I don't know what to expect, other than dying of excitement! I'm renting the film soon, I'll give feedback and look around for the clip itself.

No comments: