Sunday, May 16, 2010

Through the Keyhole, a lovesong to NC1882 .P73 2001

When I was working in the art library I saw the due date was in October. Months ago. I don't know who you are but your lending period tells me that you are faculty or graduate. Are there art history graduate students? Not now, I don't think. And surely anyone disserting, or whatever, about book covers would have been introduced to me. No, no, likely you're a professor. Probably not even an art professor or a lit professor, probably just sosh or food science or something. You just have a hobby. In any case, I never needed it bad enough to recall it, exactly, but I want this book. And, just as importantly, I want to know who has had it checked out all year.

Anyway, all I'm saying is, I am going to buy this book:


And PS I was looking at the cover of the book about book covers and wondering how many editions featured on the cover I own (answer: some) and I was thinking oh where oh where can I buy that 1965 (6?) edition of Ariel designed by (it seems) Berthold Wolpe and was it featured in paperback and can o can I find a first paperback edition of Ariel that looks like that and why o why do I only have the "Restored Edition." ?.

No comments: